Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Last Updated:November 1, 2020
This Privacy Statement (the “Statement”) describes how Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. and its affiliates (together “we”, “us”, “our”, “SBD”) collect and process your Personal Information (as defined in Section 1 below) when you purchase, subscribe to, and use Pria products, services and applications, including, without limitation, the Pria health website located at www.okpria.com (“Website”), the medication dispenser (“Dispenser”), and the Pria mobile application (“Application”), collectively, the “Services”.
The Dispenser comprises, interfaces, is delivered with, and includes data, software, hardware and other technology that is owned by SBD.
MORE INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Residents of California seeking information about the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 should refer to the Stanley Black & Decker Additional Notice for California Residents at https://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/privacy-policy/california-privacy-notice.
- WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual.
We collect the following Personal Information about you through the Services:
- Membership Registration Information: We collect the information you supply when you create an Account; for example, your name, address, e-mail address, login name, voice, picture, and the password you select. This information may be edited at any time by logging into your Account.
- Preferences and Suggestions: We collect information and suggestions that you give to us, including information about your preferences.
- User Content: We collect user content that you provide to or through our Services, for example, voice commands, photographs (including for facial recognition), audio and video, medications (including dosing and timing), and such user content can include personal data if you include personal data in such content.
- Financial Information: you are required to provide financial information in the form of a valid credit card number and billing address.
- Non-Identifying Information: Whenever you use our Service, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your, referring URL, operating system, certain cookie information, and Internet Service Provider. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, this information alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
- Mobile: When you download or access the Services via a mobile device, we may receive information about your location (based on your IP address) and your mobile device, including various unique identifiers associated with your device, hardware type, and the version of your operating system.
- HOW WE MAY USE INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, and/or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing, such as sending you advertising and marketing related emails, text messages, and postal mail with information about our services, new products and other news about our company, and facilitating social sharing functionalities that you choose to use.
- We will engage in these activites with your consent.
- Analyzing Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services, such as to better understand you, so that we can personalize your experiences when using our Services, and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests, to better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you, and to analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used and perform market research, so we can improve our Services.
- We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information. We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
- We anonymize your Personal Information because we have a legitimate interest
- Accomplishing our other business purposes,such as for data analysis (for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services), for audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements, for fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft, for improving and developing our products and services, for enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services, for identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users, for facilitating recalls, for determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users, for operating and expanding our business activities (for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests).
- We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
- HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We may disclose Personal Information about you:
- To the entities directly or indirectly controlling, controlled by or under common control with Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (“Affiliates”) (listed here) for the purposes described in this Statement.
- To our service providers who provide services such as credit card payment processing to bill you for Services, facial recognition providers, voice to text providers, data analytics, information technology and related infrastructure provision, platform hosting, customer service, product development, auditing, advisory and other services.
- To additional recipients, as agreed by you and us.
- To a third party in the event of reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our, or any of our Affiliates’, business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We also share Personal Information when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or to provide you with a product or Service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include other users, social media services (if you interact with them through your use of the Services), and to third party business partners who you access through the Services.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information, as necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, property or safety, and/or that of our users, you, our or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
- YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you would like to request to access, update, correct, suppress, restrict, or delete your Personal Information provided to us, object to the processing of your Personal Information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you can do this by emailing or writing to us as detailed in Section 8 below (“How Can You Contact Stanley Black & Decker?”).
- CROSS BORDER TRANSFERS
We may make changes to this Statement at any time, so please review it periodically. We will update the effective date of the Statement at the time a change is made.
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
1000 Stanley Drive
Please include your question or request in your email or letter to us, including the SBD brands and Services relevant to your request.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.